- What is a multimeter? A multimeter is a machine to measure the voltage, resistance and current.
What is the difference among BINARY, HEXADECIMAL, and DECIMAL? Binary numbers represent numeric values with 1 and 0. “In mathematics and computer science, hexadecimal uses sixteen distinct symbols, most often the symbols 0–9 to represent values zero to nine, and A, B, C, D, E, F (or alternatively a–f) to represent values ten to fifteen.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal Decimal number are number between 2 whole numbers.
What is the difference between inductive and deductive logic? “Deductive reasoning is a basic form of valid reasoning. Deductive reasoning, or deduction, starts out with a general statement, or hypothesis, and examines the possibilities to reach a specific, logical conclusion. ” http://www.livescience.com/21569-deduction-vs-induction.html#sthash.NM3lFurx.dpuf
What did you think about Honors Academy, Exploratory Math? I think that it was a very good experience and I learnt a lot. It was a very fun course in which I learned things that I wouldn´t have learned in school.
Today we finished with the arduino projects and finished desining our city. We also finished our research project.
The strategy is to make a chart with the distances between each point and then take the smallest number from each point to a diferent point.
What is a Karnaugh Map? It is a method to make the boolean algebra simpler.
What are examples of things that are digital and analog? Digital: Pixels, Digital things are descrete Analog: Painting, Analog is continuous
- What does 1011101010001 in binary equal in normal numbers ? 5969
What is a game tree? In game theory, a game tree is a directed graph whose nodes are positions in a game and whose edges are moves.
- Why do computers use Game Trees? They use game trees because it allows them to choose the best move.
- The chips I used were QUAD 2-INPUT AND GATE SN54/74LS08
- The other chip was an or gate : QUAD 2-INPUT OR GATE SN54/74LS32
- The truth table is a table used in boolean algebra, “truth tables can be used to tell whether a propositional expression is true for all legitimate input values, that is, logically valid.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_table
- Demorgan´s law is a law that makes the and , or and not signs in a parentesis change.
- Ohm´s law is a law for circuits which is current = resistance / voltage.
- Double implication implication means that all the variables have two be true or false to be true. If one is false and the rest are true then there is no double implication
- “Adjecency Matrix is a representation of a directed graph with n vertices using an n × n matrix, where the entry at (i,j) is 1 if there is an edge from vertex i to vertex j; otherwise the entry is 0.”http://xlinux.nist.gov/dads/HTML/adjacencyMatrixRep.html
- An Assembler is for processing.
- Arduinos are microcrontrollers used more for controlling things.
- The traveling sales person problem is the following question “Given a list of cities and the distances between each pair of cities, what is the shortest possible route that visits each city exactly once and returns to the origin city?” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem
- “Prefix notation is a mathematical notation. It is a way to write down equations and other mathematical formulae.” http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefix_notation
- The leaves in a binary tree are the nodes that don´t have children.
- “A complete graph is a simple undirected graph in which every pair of distinct vertices is connected by a unique edge.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_graph
- “A Finite State Machine is a mathematical model of computation used to design both computer programs and sequential logic circuits.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite-state_machine